9.05.2009

Songs and Stories

Two of my favorite songs of all time are by the same artist: Cursive.

I enjoy their music overall, but it’s these two songs that keep them in a list of favorites. Both are so in depth and intense and involved that I can imagine each story unfold.

Because of this song, I never see Pinocchio the same way. But it’s not a bad thing. I love the story it creates in my head.

I do love “Driftwood” but “The Recluse” is pretty much my favorite song of all time. I could listen to it on repeat for hours. Or one hour. And I’ve actually done it before (teehee). I built this whole story around the song. I love that a beat and some amazing lyrics can paint a picture in my mind. That truly makes a good song.

I’m going to put some more thought into it and compile a list of my favorite songs. I’ll share them with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment