9.14.2009

Yet another reason…

Watched the VMA’s tonight. I didn’t even have the intention but when my friend Dana invited the gang over, I couldn’t resist.

What I love about shocking moments in televised events like this is that people immediately turn to Facebook to update their statuses about it. Basically, Kanye West bum-rushed the stage when Taylor Swift was accepting her first VMA ever, which also happened to be the first one given that night. He complained that Beyonce should’ve won and completely ruined Taylor Swift’s moment. He’s a dick. But you should already know this.

But really, Lady Gaga was the one who blew my mind tonight. Though I shouldn’t be surprised. The girl changed her outfit 4 times and each one was disturbing. She walked the red carpet in a bejeweled neck brace and gold Phantom of the Opera-esque mask. Performed in crutches and covered herself in fake blood. Wore a red lace dress that completely covered her face and formed into a crown. Ended the night with I could only describe as a bandage you wrap around your head when you have a toothache, only covered in fur.

Despite all of the creepiness, which, if I find pictures will be updated on here ASAP (See bottom), I can’t help but think she is one of the smartest performers right now. Shock value works. People may complain that she never wears pants, is bisexual, or she’s just plain nuts, but she is selling records and making money. We know her name. We know her face. In less than a year she’s become an icon. Even if her next album fails, she won’t be forgotten for this.

The main point of my blogging, however, is the fact that she is yet another reason that I want more leotards. Of course, I’ll be covering mine up with skirts and pants. But, if I actually had a reason to celebrate Halloween, I might even contemplate dressing as her. I think I could rock it.

gaga1 gaga2

gag4 gaga3

{Image link}

No comments:

Post a Comment