5.21.2012

The (Extremely Amazing) Weekend

weekendtile

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I have to apologize for disappearing from the blogosphere since Wednesday. It has been crazy these past several days, though, and I couldn’t break away! The big thing was my birthday on Saturday! I am now 25. Woop! Anyways, I didn’t really make a huge deal about it on the blog, but Brad and I have been planning a 1920s Prohibition-Era Speakeasy themed birthday party for a while now. Hard to believe that my little random thought turned into an actual event. I couldn’t have asked for a better evening. Mason jar cocktails, all my favorite people in flapper dresses and dapper shirts and suspenders, and the realization that my life is even better than I could ever hope or ask for.

Unfortunately, with the good comes the sad. My friend Jenna (here’s one of a few posts featuring her) moved to California to live with her boyfriend (and my friend, seen here), and we had to say our “Bye for now”s. An Olive Garden date and some tearful hugs were a nice way to close that chapter. The book isn’t over, though. Just moving to the next one.

This weekend reminded me, though, that life is SO GOOD. I had off on Friday as well, and I just had the best three days of beautiful weather, birthday surprises (Canteen 900 seeing my tweet and bringing me over a surprise cupcake! Brad’s brother and sister-in-law coming in from Boston to attend the party! So many adorable presents!), and the best friends a girl could ask for.

To everyone who came to my party, wished me a happy birthday, and are simply in my life…I love you and can’t thank you enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment