5.30.2012

Nails and Ales

Time for another round of Nails and Ales!!!

018

Dogfish Head’s Aprihop is a seasonal beer only available in March/April. I was excited to try it. Mostly because of the apricot flavor. I enjoyed my first bottle, but I’m not the biggest fan of IPAs (which are huge in Dogfish Land) so I could only handle the one. It was extremely hoppy but the apricot flavor helped it go down smooth. I’m glad I got to try it, but it’s not a favorite.
Nails: I have been dying to try newspaper print nails for a long time. I used China Glaze’s Pelican Gray as a base coat and followed Cute Polish’s instructions on her YouTube video! Easy and awesome nail art in seconds!

003

I decided to venture outside of the Woodchuck box for a moment here and try Angry Orchard’s Hard Cider. There are three different flavors: Traditional Dry, Crisp Apple, and Apple Ginger. I decided to go with the ginge on this one. I’m glad I did. It had a spicy kick to it that made it interesting and stand out from the average cider. I’m still a Woodchuck girl through and through, but this cider will not be ignored. I’d definitely recommend it, especially this flavor combo. Yum!
Nails: Using OPI’s Coney Island Cotton Candy as a base, I decided to do a variety of diagonals and stripes with China Glaze’s Fast Track (from the Capitol Colours-Hunger Games) collection. I didn’t Fast Track to be so subtle, but it was different to do some funky art with neutral colors.
I liked the result.

007

Magic Hat is one of those breweries that has a beer for every taste. I was excited to try Elder Betty, their summer brew. It’s a weiss (wheat) beer, and it’s rare that I don’t enjoy a good wheat beer (think Blue Moon/Shock Top/Leinenkugel’s Sunset Wheat). This one just happens to be brewed with elderberry flavor, which is nice and tart. It’s an easily drinkable beer that I super-duper enjoyed.
Nails: It was pure coincidence that my nails happened to match the bottle so well. Both polishes are from Urban Outfitters. I fell in love with the purple, called Bandeau, looked like it could glow under black lights. I used the uber-chunky glitter polish (Chilly) in complementary purples and blues as accent on my pointer and middle fingers. It’s simple with a kick.

001

I kicked off Memorial Day weekend right with a Shock Top Lemon Shandy. Shandies are awesome. You can actually make your own, mixing a beer of your choice (probably something light or wheat) with lemonade! They are the perfect beers for summer. Leinenkugel also has a tasty shandy that is so easy to sip and the perfect end (or beginning) to any summer day!
Nails: It’s been a while since I used the trusty Sally Hansen Nail Polish Strips, but I was in a lazy mood. In fact, my nails were bare before I applied these (THE HORROR!). The name of these strips are "Not a Peep!” and they are from the now discontinued Spring 2012 collection. I picked them up at Target for 4 bucks. Cute little birdies kissing for less than half the price? I couldn’t say no.

And that’s the round up for this past month! Can’t wait to share more with you next month!

1 comment: