5.04.2012

Dinner Last Night: Penne with Spicy Vodka Sauce and Sausage

005

This is not the first time I’ve had this meal, and it won’t be my last. I’m not exaggerating when I say it’s one of my favorite foods of all time. Over a year ago, I wanted to try vodka sauce and Brad insisted we make our own instead settling for jarred sauce. We found an excellent recipe on AllRecipes, and I don’t think I’ll ever try another one again.

Due to a tight budget and, I’ll admit it, laziness, I decided to purchase a jar of vodka sauce. I still spiced things up with crushed red pepper, garlic powder, and parsley flakes. It is so tasty and I love the spice that stays in your mouth. It makes a typical pasta dish special.
I decided to carbo-load and get a nice loaf of fresh Italian bread on the side. Quick and painless meal, and I kept going back for more.

004

It’s Friday! This week was a blur. This month has been a blur. THIS YEAR. Where does the time go? How are we in month 5 of 2012?
My mind is pretty blown.

I love May. It’s my favorite month. It still reminds me of the winding down of school, and there’s the beginning of consistent springy warm weather and my birthday of course! But this one is jam packed with activities each weekend. I finally have a few Saturdays off after working a couple in a row, but there are things to do every free day I have. From getting an updated license to spending as much time as possible with my friend before she moves across the country, there’s a lot on my plate.

This weekend promises to be a good one. The right balance of rest and fun! I couldn’t be more thankful.

Happy Friday and Happy Weekend, readers! Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment