9.13.2011

Yards Brewing Company

yards7

Prepare for a beer-heavy post!

For about a month now, I’ve been planning a little day trip to Philadelphia with my dad and some of my favorite dudes. The whole reason we would be going? Beer! My dad is somewhat of a beer/microbrew connoisseur, and strange, rare brews make him really happy! I wasn’t really sure where to begin with planning, so my dad recommended Yards Brewing Company, which is a Philadelphia brewery.
Free tours, free samples…sounds good to me!

Yards1yards2IMG_8006yards3IMG_8035

As soon as we walked into the doors, we were offered a free cup of beer. Then, once you start the tour, you’re greeted with two more samples. They were in small plastic cups, but it was potent all the same. Once the tour was over, we headed back out to the tasting room and each enjoyed a glass of Cape of Good Hope, which is a very popular seasonal brew.

yards5IMG_8084yards6IMG_8083

It was an excellent day. After a week of rain and floods in NEPA (still praying for those affected by the floods!), we had blue skies and warm weather to enjoy the city with. There are a bunch more photos from our day trip, but I’ll share those later.

If you’re in Philadelphia and are looking for free/cheap fun, check out Yards Brewing Company!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment