9.27.2011

Outfit: Something Blue

IMG_0560

Despite the fact that it was the first weekend of fall, we had some pretty hot and humid weather in NEPA. As much as I love sunshine and warmth, I had begun to mentally prepare myself for cooler weather. Since I spend my weekends away with Brad living out of a bag, I am lucky I prepared for both heat and chill. This outfit kind of complimented both.

On Sunday, Brad and I had an unofficial, unpaid photography job for a Victorian Fashion Show/Tea Party. Interesting, right? Expect pictures in the next few days…I have so many to go through! Anyway, I had yet to do a sort of important photo job…I was so nervous. Imagine my fear for this coming Friday, when Brad and I actually do a paid wedding photography gig. I also have an engagement shoot (for a friend) and family photo lined up in the near future…NERVES. Okay, I’m getting ahead of myself.

Anyway, this was my outfit compromisation, as I didn’t know what to expect. This top is one of my favorites ever. It’s more like a tunic, and the frilly collar is to die for. I got the corduroy shorts from Old Navy for a steal…probably about 3-4 dollars. I also own a pair in hunter green. They are excellent for tucking tops in, are the perfect length, and will transition well in the coming cooler months. Not gonna lie, I felt a bit like a fool, surrounded by Red Hat Society ladies and woman in full Edwardian/Victorian/Titanic-era dresses and skirts with bare legs, knees, ankles…the whole gambit. I felt like everyone was staring at me, but it turns out most of them loved my shoes. And so do I!
So, I’m cool with that.

IMG_0558

IMG_0565IMG_0566

IMG_0575

Cardigan – Target/Shirt – Forever 21/Shorts – Old Navy/Shoes- Bass

No comments:

Post a Comment