9.20.2011

Outfit Post: Tough Girl

IMG_0256

Jacket – ASOS/Tank top – Wal-Mart/Maxi Skirt – TJ Maxx/Shoes – Thrifted/Necklace - Ruche

I’m not gonna lie…I’m pretty freaking proud of this outfit. I got this bomber jacket from…are you ready…ASOS. On sale of course. It fits so perfectly, is buttery soft, and is pretty much amazing, like every other item I’ve purchased from that website. I AM ADDICTED.
I was really excited to rock it on the first night of Oktoberfest.

IMG_0207

The thing about a bomber jacket, even if it’s faux leather, is that it makes you feel like a badass. Mix in a black and white palette, and I felt pretty cool (even though I’m far from tough…or cool for that matter…). I bought the maxi skirt about a week ago from TJ Maxx…10 dollars. I’ve been wanting one for a while, and I actually got two different ones from there. This one is excellent…I love the print.

IMG_0215

It was unintentional, but pretty much all of my friends called me Marnie all night. I definitely did feel a bit Stevie Nicks-y. These lace-up boots I bought at a thrift store in Jim Thorpe added to that effect. These were a total find and I love them so very much. I’m lucky they were my size!

IMG_0244

The final piece is this elephant necklace. My mother gave it to me. Years ago, I purchased one from a flea market that was gold and just as big. It broke. But somehow my mom found a new, just-as-large elephant necklace in a less gaudy color. Regardless, I consider it my bling. Elephants are by far my favorite animal. I will gladly represent them in large necklace form.

IMG_0221

No comments:

Post a Comment