9.26.2011

Photos of a Friday Night

I do not like working on Saturday mornings. It might only be for 4 hours, but it kind of kills the weekend. No Friday night fun. No sleeping in. Boo. At the same time, though, I try and make the best of the Friday nights I have to myself. I usually like to order takeout, listen to music, and get a little productive with chores or creative endeavors. I was all set to give you readers a sneak peek into my lazy, lonely Friday nights, but fate stepped in and my house was without power for 7 hours. I only had to experience 4 of those, but it was maddening. I realized how blessed I was, considering I wasn’t affected by the NEPA flood. It is a truly upsetting and annoying experience.

As I mentioned, I was bummed out and frustrated that my plans were foiled. But then I realized…this is actually better! It’s my usual Friday night, only heightened by my boredom and insanity due to lack of electricity. Time to get creative.

032

033

030

036

038

044

045

054

Dinner by candlelight.
Candles everywhere.
Little lights.
Painting my nails using only a flashlight.
Success!
Cute cap on Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale
Power comes back = Music
While organzing my closet, I ended up finding/wearing this blue wig.

It was so frustrating, after a long day at work, to come home to a blackout. But I made the best of it, and it ended up being a productive, relaxing, and interesting night.

No comments:

Post a Comment