9.12.2011

Pancake Breakfast

While I tend to get a case of the grumpies on Sundays, I love Sunday morning breakfast. The day is usually wide open to relax, wander around or do a bit of shopping (I bought all 4 seasons of Mad Men on DVD for $40 bucks…SCORE!) so we get out of bed a little later than usual and take our time making something tasty. This week was gluten-free pancakes, made with almond flour (which was used in this previous recipe).
I was excited to try something new with the almond flour (we don’t do a lot of baking, and I didn’t want the rather expensive item to go to waste!), and also indulge in some pancakes. Brad tried a
different pancake alternative before and…I’m not a fan. At all.

IMG_8239

Facing the facts, nothing will ever be as good as a stack of traditional, yummy, buttery pancakes. These pancakes have a dryer, nuttier (obviously) flavor/texture. However, the almond meal was a good gluten-free alternative for those that simply cannot eat gluten/wheat.
I drizzled mine in syrup, of course. Brad mashed a couple of fresh berries and made himself an interesting jam/syrup.

All in all, it was a great breakfast and a successful recipe!

IMG_8192

Super simple ingredients. Vanilla Extract, Cinnamon, the flour, and 3 eggs.

IMG_8190

Batter up! (Oh, cheesy….)

IMG_8222
IMG_8224

IMG_8244

IMG_8241

IMG_8250

No comments:

Post a Comment