9.21.2011

Dinner Last Night: Steak with Tarragon/Lemon Butter and Asparagus

IMG_8306

(Technically this is dinner two nights ago…)

Don’t you DARE try and tell me you had a better dinner than me on Monday night. Brad and I actually did teamwork on this one. I must admit, he’s often doing all the dirty work. And, fine, I only cooked the asparagus…but we did a damn good job.

The original idea was that we would broil some salmon filets and put this butter on top. We found the recipe here. Unfortunately, by the time we got to the grocery store, the seafood section was closed. So we settled for steaks, and decided to make the butter compound anyway. At first, I was nervous that the butter (originally intended for seafood) wouldn’t mix well with the beef. But oh goodness, it was FANTASTIC.

IMG_8291IMG_8296

To try something different, I recommended asparagus as our veggie and found this recipe. I ended up tweaking half of it, and it turned out much better than I could’ve hoped for! I stuck with the shallots and EVOO, but substituted balsamic vinegar and a crushed nut mixture Brad made for a separate recipe a little while ago. The asparagus itself took 3 minutes to cook. Boil for 2, sit for 1, and drain.
Then mix the oil/vinegar/nut mixture and you have yourself one tasty side dish, my friends.

IMG_8305

I topped off my meal with a baked potato…I had such a hankering. And no steak dinner is incomplete without a glass of wine!
I definitely couldn’t eat the whole meal in one sitting, so it made for an excellent lunch the next day.

I’m so lucky to date a man who is an excellent cook (among other wonderful things, of course)!

No comments:

Post a Comment