9.21.2011

Bass Shoes

shoesies

This past Sunday, Brad and I decided to skip the final day of Oktoberfest and head to Tannersville for some outlet shopping. It was a gorgeous day, perfect for wandering around the outdoor shops. Besides, we were a little ale-d out. For some reason, I was drawn to the Bass shoe store. I don’t own a single pair of Bass shoes. Most of my shoes, in fact, are from Payless, Target, and Forever 21 (i.e., they usually never cost more than 25 bucks). But there I was, standing in the store, when I noticed the signs. Buy 1, get 2 free.

You’re reading that correctly, I swear! When does that ever happen? I’ve seen Buy 1, Get 1 1/2 off. I’ve seen Buy 2, Get 1 free.
But Buy 1, get 2 Free? I didn’t believe my eyes. Thank God, they were right. I got these 3 beautiful, classic pairs of shoes for a steal!

IMG_8270

The Weejuns sealed the deal. These classic penny loafers are currently celebrating their 75th anniversary, and rightfully so. I bought them in Burgundy, but it’s such a beautiful, understated color that will go with anything.

IMG_8271

I’ve been daydreaming about a pair of duck boots for a while now. They are both incredibly functional and incredibly cute. They were the final choice I made when hunting down my 3 pairs, but I’m so glad I did. The lining is insanely soft, and I know they will keep my toesies warm on cold, rainy, snowy, icky days.

IMG_8272

You can bet your bottom dollar these grey lace-up wedge booties will be a staple in my wardrobe. I am so in love with them. I’ve been daydreaming about them all week. I’m proud of the fact that I’ve been slowly adding height to my shoes. And these are comfortable and easy to walk in, so…YES PLEASE.

shoesies2

I didn’t intend to spend my money on shoes (I actually went in search of fall sweaters), but how could I not? Each pair is a classic, especially the penny loafers. I can’t wait to break them in and wear them for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment