8.02.2011

Outfit Post: Comfort Clothes

comfortoutfit1

Tank top – H&M/Skirt –Thrifted/Shoes – Target/Barrette – Forever21

Last week was a very tough one for me. I don’t like to talk much about the rough patches in my life…but I have them. This post is strictly meant to be about the outfit but, let me just say one thing to anyone who might be reading this. If you have anxiety attacks or stress or bouts of depression…please know that you are not alone. Now…back to the regularly scheduled program…

Since last week was so tough, I was greatly looking forward to the weekend. My favorite part of any weekend is date night. I’ve already gone into detail about my love for date night and dress up before. It still applies here. As always, I strive to make myself feel cute and this week, after such a tough time, I decided to throw together a few of my “comfort clothes.” And while these items are, in fact, very comfortable, I actually chose that term to say how they are sort of like a security blanket. Go-to items that fit great, look great, and have been with me through the toughest of times. Aside from the shoes, every other item I wore has been a part of my closet for years. In fact, I’ve been wearing the shirt under the shirt since before college, a staple from Old Navy I have in several colors.

The tank top is H&M. I bought it back in 2007, back in my Klaxons fan days. It is a great length, there’s even some more of the design on the bottom. This shirt was with me through my last two years of college…it even came to London with me! And the skirt will always be a favorite. It’s a thrift store find from my college days and I’ve worn it countless times. It fits perfectly and has pockets…pockets always make skirts/dresses that much better. The only new part of this outfit is the shoes! I am obsessed with these. My sister bought them a while back (They are from Target) and I’ve been lusting after them since. I found them on sale and couldn’t turn them down. I’m doing this experiment with myself, to wear more heels. Why not? I’m starting with lots of wedges and platform styles. And these were super comfortable and easy to walk in. They are also a nice, cheaper alternative to Swedish Hasbeens, which I greatly lust over.

So, after a pretty stressful week, I had an excellent Friday in this outfit.
Dinner at Olive Garden, Crazy Stupid Love (see it, see it, SEE IT), and drinks after.
It was a perfectly lovely date night made better by ending with cuddling until we fell asleep.

IMG_7506IMG_7509IMG_7516

No comments:

Post a Comment