8.18.2011

Dinner Last Night: Taco Salad

016

I spend my Wednesday nights with Brad, and we’ve taken to making our dinner as opposed to going out to eat. Both of us have to be financially stingy, but it’s fun to experiment with new things with anyway. Brad is actually following a “primal diet” (he has this book, which gave him the idea), so it can narrow down the options quite a bit. He already knows how I feel about it, and diets in general. I dislike when things get eliminated, and believe in an “everything in moderation” approach. But it’s also interesting to make things from scratch and get inventive. (He made pancakes using bananas and almond butter…that’s it. And they were tasty!)

Anyway, I get sick of the same ol’ same ol’. So I decided we should make some sort of taco bowl/salad without any kits or unknown items. Brad mashed together an avocado with tomato and onion for homemade guacamole, we used organic ground beef with a mixture of spices from the cupboard, and loaded it all on a bed of romaine. Tortilla chips are off-limits on Brad’s diet, but that didn’t keep me away from them.
I like the multigrain variety. And, as always, everything is delicious with a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheese.

014

019018

That plate in the first photo was my own dish. Needless to say, it was a lot of food and I couldn’t handle the whole thing. But, man, was it good.

No comments:

Post a Comment