4.28.2011

Vacation, all I ever wanted.

ocpostcard

A tiny heat wave hit NEPA this week, and I found myself daydreaming about summer and my upcoming vacation in July. Granted, I have a bit more than two months of waiting until my paid vacation arrives (5 days paid, 9 days total including weekends…super important!), but the fact that it is coming is comforting. Brad and I scheduled the same week off, and we decided to go half-and-half. We’ll spend the first few days of our freedom in Ocean City, Maryland and the rest will be total stay-cation time. We already have a little spot picked out and dates set…it’s very exciting! I haven’t been to OCMD since 2005, the summer after I graduated high school. I stayed in a little condo with a bunch of boys (none of my girl friends wanted to go, and my boyfriend of the time was part of the trip). I’m excited to go back and experience it again. I grew up with summer vacation at the Jersey Shore (Wildwood Crest to be exact) and OCMD was a huge step up for me. I’ll always have a spot in my heart for those family vacations (and wouldn’t mind going back, especially to Cape May!), but it’ll be nice to get away with the boy for a bit.

ocbeachocboardwalk

I’m so excited to lounge on the beach with a good book, relaxing to the sound of the waves crashing. To roam the boardwalk for pizza and fries and rides and tacky shirt stores. To feel the salty summer air. To forget about everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment