4.21.2011

United States of Tara

unitedstatesoftara

I am so glad I decided to give United States of Tara another try. I tried to watch it last year but sometimes, you’re just not in the right place. It’s pretty much everything I like and want in a show: funny, touching, intense, dramatic, all with a bit of mystery. I am floored by Toni Collette’s amazing acting which she won both an Emmy and a Golden Globe for (it’s so well-deserved). Every actor is fantastic, the relationships are wonderful. It’s great to see a character who has a serious mental issue (Dissociative Identity Disorder – the picture above showcases her alternate personalities) that interferes with her family and her life, but who has an excellent support system.
I’m only on the first season, but I can’t wait to see more (there’s only 2 out on a DVD right now).

unitedstatesoftara2unitedstatesoftara3UNITED STATES OF TARA

If you’re contemplating watching this show and need a little push, I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment