4.11.2011

Outfit Post: Closet Classic

Now that the weather is warming up (slowly but surely), I am able to say “howdy-do” to some of my favorite articles of clothing.
Since I bought this dress/romper/whatever-it-is from Salvation Army in 2009, it has been a front runner in my wardrobe.
I dread the day I will not fit in this piece of clothing. It is perfection.

fromabove

I bought this at a time when rompers were just starting to come out into the mainstream, and it was difficult to find them in the stores. Rompers, along with dresses, are a favorite of mine for spring and summer. Why wouldn’t they be?
Lightweight, easy and breezy. One piece makes the whole outfit.

shorts

I have a true affinity for polka dots…you should see my bathing suits! It’s a classic print, a retro throwback, that is still very relevant today. The shape of this piece, along with the navy color and white dots, reminds me of The Notebook for some reason. Or perhaps just that time period. I have worn it with and without tights and I adore it with both. But since it’s still chilly, I had to opt for another favorite of mine, my American Apparel shiny stirrup tights. I’ve had these tights since 2009, and they have held up well over many wears and washings.

vestandhandshoes

Top it off with a vest (I have no idea where I got it from, it’s quite old) and some lace-up boot from Forever 21, and you have one of my favorite go-to outfits. As long as my dress/romper is the main piece, it’s a no-brainer.

Thrifted romper/Button-down vest/AA stirrup tights/Forever 21 booties

No comments:

Post a Comment