11.01.2010

Halloween

I haven’t celebrated Halloween in years. Like…lots of years. I dressed up a couple times in college but I never took it seriously or cared. I’d throw something together last minute that was completely half-assed. But whatever. I kinda wanted to do something this year. It took a long time to settle on a costume (and now I’m dying to try/be so many things next year) and figure out what exactly we’d be doing…but it was a good weekend.

IMG_1170 IMG_1173 IMG_1175 IMG_1182 
For starters, I read about a Zombie Walk in downtown Wilkes-Barre and got really curious. It wasn’t the biggest crowd, but I really enjoyed seeing people get in the holiday spirit (and I personally would love to do this sometime). Super cool, and way better in person.

IMG_1356 IMG_1378IMG_1411IMG_1436 IMG_1448 
I went out for a bit on Saturday, but the magic happened Sunday. As I mentioned before, my sister loves to decorate. And they went all out, like…really ALL OUT. But it was so much fun to hand out candy, drink caramel apple martinis, eat Chinese takeout, and enjoy the holiday.

I am so bummed to go back to the real world (and a 6 day work week, nonetheless). Weekend, you are so fantastic.

P.S. If you don’t know my costume, I settled on a female version of one of my favorite characters, V (from V for Vendetta).

No comments:

Post a Comment