11.25.2010

Thanksgiving

It’s that time of the year again. Though the most wonderful time is right ahead, Thanksgiving is the best kick-off to the holidays. I try and show my thankfulness for the people in my life as frequently as possible, but it’s very easy to forget. So, here it is, my thanks to all of the people in my life.

My friends

To all of you guys…you choose your friends. You choose who you want to spend your time with. You pick the people who have similar interests, the people who you can laugh with and cry with and get into trouble with. I must say that I am lucky to have you all in my life. I’m not the simplest person. I’m a little crazy. But you all know that and you’ve looked beyond it to continue to be my friend. I am here for you, you’re here for me, and you all remind me to have fun no matter what I’m doing.

604643-R1-15-17A 604643-R1-18-20A IMG_0999
Brad

As mentioned above, I’m not the easiest person to be around. I get moody and grumpy and sometimes way too depressed for my own good. But you’ve stood by me through it all, supported me no matter what, and have continued to be a beacon of optimism for me. I’m thankful that you came into my life, and that everything finally aligned so that we made sense. I’m at home and at peace when I am with you.IMG_0004IMG_2546 
My Family

Obviously, I wouldn’t be here or be who I am today without these people. I am so happy that I’ve had understanding and supportive parents who have allowed me to grow and be the way I want to be. I am so happy that I had a sister who, despite being 2 years younger than me, is basically my best friend. Every single member of my family has been kind and helpful. We fight but then we can make up and have fun and everything is right in the world again. But I will always be thankful for the fact that you’ve let me grow and change by being a complete moron and still loving me for it anyways.

mommaIMG_2314 IMG_5523 (Mom, I can’t wait until we can start taking new pictures together again!!!)

Also thankful for: Cameras, books and magazines, learning new things, beautiful sunsets, thrift stores and clearance racks, freedom, food, Netflix, music, laughter, and the sheer fact that I am alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment