11.16.2010

Once more, with feeling…

IMG_1498
I have done this before. Who hasn’t? How often are we making lists of the things we want to do or wish we could do or should be doing? There’s so much I want to do with my life…this one little precious thing I have. The only thing I really have. And yet I find myself never fully getting around to it. A huge case of the “So little time, so much to do”s. Regardless, putting it down (and in my case, publishing it on my little tiny space on the interweb) always tends to make it feel more…real. More possible. Even if it never comes to fruition.

  • I’d like to read more. Of course, I do my fair share of magazine reading and blog browsing. But I want to lose myself in books, like I used to.
  • I want to eat better (tons more fruits and veggies). Ideally, I’d like to knock all processed foods out of my life. It’s hard, because I love to indulge and satiate cravings, but I always feel terrible after binges like that. I guess I shouldn’t beat myself up about the occasional slip up, but it should be just that…an occasional thing and not the norm.
  • I want to exercise more. I always feel better when I do it but I never do it. Especially dancing, which makes me happy just as it can make me healthy.
  • I want to spread love and happiness. If I feel like complimenting someone, I should do it. I know if I were in the opposite position, it would make my day.
  • I want to focus on the now. I have spent a lot of my life worrying about yesterday, tomorrow, and years from now. It has had a lot of power in ruining my current moods, times when I could’ve been really happy and carefree and enjoying my life. So, since I have no control over the future and I can’t change the past, I want to enjoy my present.
  • I want to do things for me. No more caring about what people think or say, aside from the true bluez. I don’t want to be selfish, but I want to stop worrying about the negative things from people who don’t matter, or about people who are not in my life really anyways.

Here’s to always trying to make your life better…

No comments:

Post a Comment