11.28.2010

Friday with Friends

I love when all (or most) of my friends are in town.

024
This Friday, we decided to check out our newly reopened favorite bar (under a new name and new management) and found out that it’s better than before, but still cozy and comfortable (minus the secondhand smoke)(I am all about parenthesis this post…).

I tend to forget it, sad as it sounds, but being with these people makes me so happy. It’s easy, when in a relationship and balancing a full-time job, to forget about good, old-fashioned fun (not that I don’t have fun with Brad, of course!). But going out, having a couple of drinks, dancing, singing, and laughing all make me feel like a 23 year old. I often walk into work in the mornings feeling like a ghost…a shadow of myself. That may sound depressing, but it’s true. The people I see the majority of the week don’t see the movies I see, or listen to my music, or read the books and magazines I like. I have no one to talk to about the things I love and get excited about on a regular basis. I do see and talk to my friends nearly daily…but it’s just not the same if we’re gathering in front of a TV all the time. So it was nice to change it up and remind myself that I’m young.

026 029028043   
{All photos taken with the Hipstamatic app on my iPhone. I love to do the “Shake to Randomize” option, thus the various picture types. I should probably start picking and choosing my favorites…}

No comments:

Post a Comment