8.08.2010

Nighttiming

My sister and her boyfriend Josh joined me at Brad’s house for some grillin’ and night swimming. It was, quite honestly, one of the best summer nights I’ve had this year. Brad and I went shopping after my volunteering stint (all went well and fast, but I do have my very first farmer’s tan/burn) and we bought chicken, hot dogs, and salmon, taco dip fixings, fresh green beans, and other green veggies for salad. I didn’t take any pictures of the spread, and I slightly regret that. But at least I have it stored in the hard drive that is my memory.

We didn’t get into the pool until around 8. We were sitting around, drinking Dos Equis and watching funny things online on Brad’s deck. But I’m almost glad we waited. The pool eventually got all lit up, as did his backyard, and it was like swimming/jumping into a huge bathtub. I didn’t want to get out…unless I was jumping back in. Excellent night…can’t believe it was my last full vacation night…

IMG_6932 IMG_6949 IMG_6959 IMG_6966 IMG_6973

Brad took some really great shots. The second from the bottom is outstanding. In other photography news, I found a link I saved last summer in my bookmarks for a website with beginner’s photography tips. I want to teach myself to use my little point-and-shoot to it’s fullest advantage. And also, really expand my hobby so work is just a thing I do in the day so that I can do whatever I want when I’m not there.

No comments:

Post a Comment