8.06.2010

Jersey

Spent the last couple nights in Jersey with my friend, Rafter. We bought tickets for a Kings of Leon concert forever ago and it finally made it. So crazy.

Funny thing is, the concert was my least favorite time of the little outing. Don’t get me wrong…I’ll always have a soft spot for the band. But I saw them a couple of years ago at a sold out show at The Electric Factory and it was one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. This time, I was surrounded by douche bags grinding to the song “Use Somebody”, got burnt with a cigarette, and nearly sweated to death. Sorry, guys, but unless you start doing some smaller venues, I’ll probably never see you again…

Regardless, my time spent there was fun, even if I do have a couple of bug bites and back pain from sleeping on an air mattress.

Wednesday night, I arrived and we went out for sushi, which is funny because I never eat that stuff but had just been talking about possibly trying it again. I went the easy route and got one roll with chicken and another with cooked salmon and cucumbers. I enjoyed both of them. While my options are limited (I’m allergic to shellfish), I think I’ll be trying another round again soon. Then we spent half the day on Thursday walking on the Atlantic City boardwalk. I’d never been there, and it was nice to see the beach. It was a nice trip, and I’m glad I took it.

IMG_6786 IMG_6783 IMG_6800 IMG_6843 IMG_6888 IMG_6901 IMG_6914

It’s the last weekday of my vacation. Volunteering tomorrow…not very happy about the timing on that. It’s cutting into the final moments of my work-free, relaxation-filled time off. I’m getting sad. But I’ll survive, books and magazines in tow, smile on my face ‘til its time to punch out.

No comments:

Post a Comment