1.11.2010

Average Girl Beauty Recommendations

I am far from a glamour girl and I’m nowhere near perfect. My tastes in make up and products have changed a lot over the years. But there are some things I’ve stood by for a long time, that maybe even changed my life in a way. So why not take the time to discuss?

cetaphil-daily-facial-cleanser-normal-to-oily-skinMy skin isn’t flawless and perfect. Man, I wish. I’ve been through lots with it and luckily, it’s been doing pretty well. Over time, I can probably credit Cetaphil face wash for that. I was introduced by a dermatologist, which was interesting because many before her had prescribed me all kinds of medicated, smelly washes. This is a simple, non-irritating formula that I swear by and have been using religiously since high school. I feel like a lot of us get pissed off with our unruly breakouts and try and attack. But sometimes, all you need is a simple wash that keeps everything in order without stripping all the necessities.

rosesalveI know there is a competitor but C.O. Bigelow’s Rose Salve is easier for my to obtain and I don’t use anything else. I’m not one for lip gloss and I think lipstick looks weird on me, so I’ve always been a lip balm girl. Unfortunately, the sticks tend to dry my lips out more than moisturize them. This tin lasts for a long time…I’m pretty sure I’ve been using the same one since before I graduated college. It actually makes my lips feel soft and smooth and it just makes them look and feel healthier. It may seem strange to put something scented like flowers on your lips but there is no taste and the smell is so light it disappears pretty quickly. I am a big advocate of this product. 

volume_max_product-shot

When it comes to makeup, less is more for me lately. When I have a lot of make up on, I don’t feel like myself. I like when my skin can shine through. I’m not perfect and sometimes heavy makeup just accentuates that. So I stick with concealers and blush. The one place I can have fun and experiment is mascara. But I almost always run to the Rimmel aisle. The mascaras are priced well and there are all kinds of formulas you can try. I go through them pretty quickly because I love loading it on. I’d recommend any one of their mascaras, but I am currently using the one above, which is the latest product.

aveeno

Moisturizing  is super tough for me because I have combination skin. If I don’t moisturize enough, I get dry spots. If I use something too greasy, I am an oil slick. So finding something good was hard for me. I’ve been using this Aveeno moisturizer on and off for years now (sometimes I use something a bit creamier for colder weather) and whenever I stray, I always come crawling back. The formula is perfect for my oily streak, because it almost mattes it down. And yet, I’m still soft and smooth.

So there ya have it. I know it’s not much, but I’m pretty low-maintenance when it comes to beauty products.

No comments:

Post a Comment