6.09.2009

Ladies!

Sex-and-the-city-sequel-news It may sound so cliche, but one of my favorite shows ever is Sex and the City. I didn’t watch it until well after the whole series had run its course, but I had always been curious (and rightfully so, considering I was post-pubescent and curious about sex and the fuss surrounding such a popular show about it). When I graduated high school, I had an unlimited movie pass at Blockbuster Video (yes, I’ve always had a relationship with the store, even before I started working there). I decided, since I was old enough, to finally give it a shot.

And that was it. My sister, my mom, and I were hooked. The clothes, the comedy, the drama, the sex, the issues. There is something about it that will remain universal and relatable.

I think there’s a lot of things that keep people from watching it. Everyone has seen it. It’s raunchy or out of control. Too much drama. But the stories, the issues, the relationships, while they may at times seem outlandish, are things that many people will go through or know someone who has gone through it. I’ve learned a lot from the show. But I’ve also been thoroughly entertained.

So, if you haven’t seen it, it’s that time of year, ladies. Go borrow your friend’s copy. Go rent it at your local video store. Or just watch it on TBS.

Summer is the perfect time to watch it.

P.S. The movie is okay, but if that’s all you know of these ladies, I HIGHLY suggest you backtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment