8.17.2012

Dinner Last Night: Set It and Forget It

004

I had a dentist appointment right after work yesterday (boo), so I knew I wasn’t gonna have time to do my usual post-work grocery shopping and slow and lazy cooking. I bought a 4 lb pork shoulder the day before, threw a bunch of spices and a whole onion in the crock pot with it, and let that sucker cook for about 11 hours. MAN OH MAN. I can’t express how much I love pulled pork. But the fact is, if you put anything in the crockpot, it will more than likely be amazing. And the best part is, you don’t even have the touch the damn thing for like…8 hours.
You don’t even really have to do proper mixing. Everything meshes together on it’s own. Lazy cooking to the MAX.

I’m glad it’s Friday. These weeks have been so rough. And as the 8 hours I’m work drrrrraaaaagggg on, my evenings blow by. I come home, get comfortable, and the next thing you know it’s 11 PM. I don’t even know how that happens. Not fair.

I’m looking forward to my friend Crystal’s bridal shower this Sunday!
I think I’m finally kinda getting the hang of this wedding season thing.
This was the first year I actually had/have friends I have known forever who are my age tying the knot.
I’m spending my own money (not relying on the family, like with relative weddings) for presents and cards and whatnot.
I’m a big girl now.

Have a great weekend, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment