10.11.2010

Lovely Fall Weekends…

Sure, I had to tough it out through gray, rainy days to get there, but it was totally worth it. The weather was clear and sunny and warm in that comfortable way all weekend. I had today off (Columbus Day), so I’ve had a nice span of time to relax, be outside, and spend time with friends.

Saturday, I had read about a Fall Foliage Festival going on at Kirby Park. The main reason I wanted to go was to see hot air balloons in flight. Unfortunately, all I saw was the people folding them up. So bummed out, especially since I was there for 2 of the 3 hours they claimed to be putting them up. Regardless, the park looked gorgeous and it was a cute little thing to see…

IMG_8168 IMG_8182 IMG_8197IMG_8165

Yesterday, I was dying to see Maria’s new place and visit with a friend from college, Nicole. Nicole lives in an adorable apartment in an adorable neighborhood in West Philly. Maria and her are on the same street, blocks and blocks apart. But we walked about University City, I bought a pair of Levi’s floral denim leggings, ate Qdoba Mexican, had good conversation, and came to the conclusion I would love to live in a city for the sheer fact that I’d love to talk everywhere I need to go. Among many other reasons, of course…

Maria’s apartment was adorable. Ed and I visited her place, grabbed a beer at Good Dog, and called it a night.

It was a pretty perfect day.

As for today…since I’m one of very few people I know with the day off, I sat around watching Gossip Girl and took a walk with the new camera. I have so much to learn, but here are some samples thus far…

IMG_0111IMG_0096IMG_0136 IMG_0153IMG_0146IMG_0198
I’ll get better soon…with loads of practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment