2.08.2013

The Exception

009

Okay, so I don’t have a lot of money. I scrimp and save so I can buy food and gas for my clunky car and pay my bills.
And yes, it is super important to save money and be smart. But I also believe that you should treat yourself…and for me, it comes in the form of nail polish. In the last three days alone, I’ve gotten these 6 nail polishes. And I love every single one.
And OPI has a new collection that just hit the stores on Wednesday.
So I’ll be getting more. When I have money again, whenever that is.

010

These polishes have been on my lust list for a while now. China Glaze’s It’s a Trap-eze is from the recent Cirque du Soleil collection and it’s pretty much the only polish you can’t find from it. I ended up finding it on Amazon and spent less money on the polish and shipping than I would’ve if I had found it in stores (about 5 bucks as opposed to $6-8). I’m wearing it right now and it’s just wonderful.
I also fell for the awesome blue of Essie’s Butler Please within the last week, found it at Rite Aid (they have an awesome selection and they almost always have all the good colors in stock), and bought it immediately.

And then there’s the Deborah Lippmann GIRLS collection that I just spoke about the other day…

011012013

When I wrote this post, I went ahead and ordered this collection. As a massive fan of both GIRLS and nail polish, it would’ve been seriously silly not to! The colors are gorgeous and classic. And the packaging…seriously, stop, you’re amazing.
So, I know I have to keep it together and be smart, but these things make me smile.
It’s been a rough week, and it’s the small things like my growing nail polish collection that has helped me get through.

Well…that and Pinot Grigio.

Happy weekend, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment