2.15.2013

Dinner Last Night: Valentine’s Edition

024

I had an excellent Valentine’s Day! Did you?
I decided to make London Broil for my family, a step up from the usual tacos and soups (like I mentioned yesterday) and we enjoyed it with wine, my green bean recipe, and a fresh tossed salad! Oh, and of course some red wine!
Brad came to join us and it’s always so excellent to have him around my parents and my sister. I love how well he fits in, and I loved that we all sat at the table (we have a tendency to park in front of the television with our meals and not really talk) enjoying food and company.

I am so blessed that I have a great family, a sister I can call my best friend, caring and funny parents…and I am so glad I have Brad and that he fits in with us and vice versa (I feel very comfortable around his family). I bought everyone a little present (some Orla Kiely note cards for mom, tea for sister, and my dad’s favorite gums and cinnamon candies) and treated everyone to a great meal. (Brad deserves the credit for the perfectly cooked meat…not sure if I could’ve done it on my own…I’ll have to do it next time!)

Are you ready for the weekend?
I so am. Last week was so long, this one definitely made up for it. It’s already Friday and I have a 3 day weekend thanks to President’s Day.
I plan on getting a haircut, enjoying an anniversary/Valentine’s dinner with Brad, and sleeping in as long as I can without wasting the day.

Have a great weekend, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment