9.20.2012

Fall To-Do List

This Saturday marks the first day of Autumn 2012! At first, I was a little sad and wary.
This year went by so fast and it was a truly wonderful summer. But then the weather gets a little cooler, the bug bites stop coming, and I remember how much I love the bright, crisp days of fall, the impending change of leaves from green to bright red and hot orange.
This is the season of cardigans and cuddling. This is the season of bright starry nights under blankets.
The season of spiced drinks, crisp apples, and pumpkin patches.
How can I be sad?

fall

I’ve made a little list of things I want to do during this wonderful season.

Pick fresh apples at an orchard.
Go to a pumpkin patch, take a hayride, pick a pumpkin, and actually carve it!
Bake pumpkin spice and apple cider doughnuts.
Mull wine, make Honeycrisp Sangria, and get my fill of Pumpkin and Oktoberfest brews.
Take my cameras out. For real. Fall is such an inspiring time.
Attempt to dress up at least once in celebration of Halloween. (I don’t have an idea as great as last year, though.)
Make a bonfire. It would be perfect for the clear nights and the crisp air.
Have a horror movie marathon.
Expand my recipes for soups, stews, and chilis!

That’s all I can think of for now.
Let’s not even talk about how excited I am to reintroduce tights, boots, and sweaters into my wardrobe.

What are you excited for this fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment