12.06.2010

Quick Weekend Update

What a fantastic (and way too QUICK) weekend! I haven’t had a full, work-free weekend in a little while, so having a whole Saturday to myself was especially fantastic.

421

I kept meaning to mention, but Brad and I planned a bus trip to NYC for the day with my sister, Maria, and her boyfriend Josh. That was yesterday, Saturday. Though I was excited, I was a little ticked off at myself for planning a trip on a weekend that would mean having to wake up earlier than I usually even do for work. I was up for about 20 hours yesterday…no napping or anything. I don’t know how I did it, but let’s just say I wasn’t making much sense by the end of it all (and I was alone…everyone else took random naps on the way there/home).

If you ever want to escape to NYC for the day, I highly recommend a bus trip. Ours cost 25 bucks a person, which is less than I’d even pay for gas (and of course, tolls and parking), and was extremely comfortable and convenient (plus, all the iPhone game playing/blog reading and music listening you want). We had to get the tickets in advance, but it was something fun and different to look forward to.

Needless to say, I took a lot of pictures. I’m still weeding through them, editing some, deleting others. I’ll do a better post soon.

As for the rest of the weekend…it was mostly spent in bed, watching 30 Rock and Eclipse, eating Magnolia cupcakes, and dreading tomorrow.

Here’s to a good (and speedy ‘til the weekend) week!

*Forgive the slightly askew picture above. It’s really difficult to hand a stranger a DSLR (I almost didn’t want to, and thinking back it coulda been risky…) and quickly tell them how everything works. But the woman who took the picture said she always wanted one and it sorta made her day.

No comments:

Post a Comment