3.08.2010

Oscars 2010

The Oscars are the single televised event of the year I must watch. Since movies are practically my lifeblood, I love to see which ones I should be watching. I love to watch Hollywood get all glammed out. I love that a tradition has been kept for 82 years and will continue to be kept. I love that an actor/actress can be rewarded for a fantastic performance, even if it might be the only one they ever give in their entire career. I just love it, love it, love it.

Below are my favorite dresses for the night:
Actress Demi Moore arrives at the 82nd Annual Academy Awards hel 59837153 59836650 59837275 Singer/actress Miley Cyrus arrives at the 82nd Annual Academy Aw 59837694 59836817 59837691 

Apparently, I had a thing for the flesh tones. I can’t believe I’m saying it, but I really liked Miley Cyrus’ dress. She looked a little spaced out, but it was a fantastic dress. Zoe Saldana’s purple frock is super-fun while being classy all at once. Gabourey Sidibe exudes such confidence, it’s empowering. She owns whatever area is she in. And, I just love Meryl Streep. I think she is an excellent actress but she also seems to have fun with life. She can laugh at herself. She’s accomplished so much.
I could go on and on about her.

Last night was great. The ceremony was funny and held my interest. I watched it sandwiched between 5 friends on a sectional couch, drinking wine and eating all kinds of finger foods. I left for a second to refill my drink, and I was so happy to see everyone cuddled up when I came back in the room. It was one of those little happy “You made your own family” moments. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment