3.01.2010

Comfort Films

We all have those things we turn to in our sad and lonely times of need. Songs we play when we feel blue. Food we eat when we want to feel at home. Pictures we look at when we miss family and friends. Movies we turn to because we know they’ll make us laugh and/or cry every time we watch them. For me, that movie would be Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

Jason_Segel_in_Forgetting_Sarah_Marshall_Wallpaper_2_1280

There is so much I love about this movie. It’s funny, it’s touching, it makes me want to go to Hawaii, and Jason Segel is naked in it a few times (and he wrote it, giving me another reason among many for why I love him so). Once upon a time, I watched it pretty much every night before bed. Despite how many times I’ve watched it, I still sat through, enjoyed, and laughed at every minute of it last night with my friends. We saw Shutter Island yesterday, and I didn’t really care for it. Add in all the mental illness and manic-depression in it and I felt funky. This movie kicked me right out of it.

 

This makes me wonder what movies people turn to when they need some comfort in their lives…

No comments:

Post a Comment