3.28.2013

A Passion, An Obsession

If you had told me two years ago that I would eventually accrue and obsess over hundreds of nail polishes, I wouldn’t have believed you.
I only painted my toenails, mostly in the summer. I hated painting my nails for a few reasons, but the main one was laziness. I knew I’d goof it up, become impatient, mess my nails…I wasn’t good with shaping (I’m still not) or cuticle upkeep (I’m still not).

017

But now, it’s 2013.
Last Wednesday, I laid all of my nail polishes out on the living room floor, color-categorizing them and marking them down in a notebook for kicks and giggles. After counting, I realized (minus base and top coats) I had 101 polishes. By this past Monday, I’d have 106.
There are two more coming in the mail for me, and plenty more on my lust list. I don’t know how this happened, but I’m kind of glad it did.
Nail polish is one of the little things that helps save my mind. Maybe that sounds crazy, but it all comes down to the little things.
It’s the way I treat myself, express myself…it’s exciting and fun and pretty. It’s my hobby, my obsession, my passion.

So I thought, “Shame on you for not blogging about this more.” My various manicures, nail polishes I’d like to get, the new brands I’m trying, various techniques I’m doing or I’m curious about…this is a huge part of my life at the moment and I’m not even sharing it.

Of course, if you follow me on Instagram (@mikeylynn), you will see my latest purchases and NOTD.
But I want to share them on here more. Expect to see more posts like this in the near future.

1 comment: