10.03.2012

A Look Inside My Nail Polish Addiction

If you read my blog regularly/follow my Instagram/know me, you will have come to find that I have an obsession with nail polish.
It started last year around this time. I never used to paint my nails, but Sally Hansen nail polish strips and a discovery of nail art and techniques that stray from a simple one color nail changed that for me. Now, it’s become a weekly necessity to paint my nails, to challenge myself with new designs I find online, magazines, or concoct in my brain. It’s one of the few ways I feel I can creatively express myself since I currently work a job that requires a glorified uniform. I have so much fun (okay, sometimes it’s really frustrating) testing myself.

And don’t even get me started on my need to hop on OPI collections as soon as they come out. Skyfall, I’m waiting for you!

Over the next little while, I want to share with you a glimpse inside my collection, my favorite polishes and tools, some places I find inspiration, and a general look at why I love nail polish and how much it has infested my life. But in a good way.

nailgif

I created this silly little GIF to give you an idea of what my collection looks like. I also wanted to show off my cute Lazy Susan that I use to organize and hold my favorite polishes. You have Brad to thank for this piece. He completely surprised me last Christmas by giving me this handmade gift that has become a necessary piece on my dresser. One day, I’d love to get a couple of clear plastic shelves like they have at the salons to display my polishes in a more organized fashion. I still love this piece, though. I really need to decorate it…he left it white for that simple reason, and I’ve put it off. The most important thing is that it’s being put to a lot of use.

IMG_3077

This is what it looks like stationary and from above. You can already see I love my OPI. But I’m not biased.

I can’t wait to share more of my obsession with you readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment