5.24.2010

Reeling

theend I am still feeling the effects of the series finale of Lost. This is the first time I’ve witnessed the end of such a groundbreaking show that has been an important part of my life for the last few years. I am completely satisfied with the end, because it reminded me of why I loved the show in the first place…all of the characters and the relationships they had.

There are, I’m sure, so many angry and disappointed fans who feel as though they’ve wasted their life waiting for answers to questions that got pushed aside. Well, let me remind you of the entire first season. The struggle to survive. The philosophical questions: Why did they land there? What is the purpose of the island? What is their purpose for being there? Was it coincidence or destiny?

The show has always been about faith and science, philosophy and purpose, life and death. It was easy to forget amongst all the time-traveling and polar bears and (at the time unknown) smoke monster business. But the show brought it around full circle, managed to turn me into a blubbering child, and remind me why I held out and why I love this show so much.

I’m so thankful I got to experience this show, because it wasn’t just great entertainment. It served as a great way to bond with many of my friends, both at school and at home. It’s a common factor for a lot of people, and it’s fun to share something so passionately.

No comments:

Post a Comment