5.21.2010

The Bright Side

I’m grumpy lately. But then, most people who know me would say I’m typically pessimistic and irritable anyways. I am. I’m sorry. Don’t get me wrong, I love fun and sunshine and letting go of all my worries and woes. Unfortunately, it’s hard for me to do that last bit, and so I don’t fully appreciate the fun and sunshine I so crave when it finally comes my way. Sometimes, though, and luckily enough, I have a breakthrough and remember all the good stuff…the reasons I’m happy to experience this life. The reasons I wake up in the morning. The bright side of all of it.

  • All of my cameras. I know, I mention them a lot. I’m happy to record memories. Unfortunately, I’ve been doing a lot of the same thing over and over. So I look forward to the summer sun to bring me out and about, trying new things, exploring new places, and documenting them on film along the way.
  • My 5 senses. I’m so glad I can appreciate the feel of sheets on my skin, the smell of my favorite perfume or food, the sight of green leaves glittering on against the sun, the taste of chocolate or fresh bread, and the sounds of all of my favorite music. I can share special moments with special people. Laugh because of it all. Smile at the people I love. I’m blessed.
  • My family, who pretty much moves on right away, even after I bitch them out. Who gets excited over something small like the 23rd birthday I’m celebrating in my life, which is rather insignificant in the spectrum of birthdays, but still apparently deserved streamers and a decorated table and teamwork taco and margarita making.
  • Books. Yes, I’ve been reading an awful lot of vampire romance books (I’m going through the Sookie Stackhouse series now, which you may know yourself as TrueBlood). No, I don’t really care what you think of me because of it. I can escape, relax, and forget about my life when I do this. I just can’t wait to do it outside or, even better, on the beach with the sound of waves crashing in the background.
  • My Buick. Yes, I’m happy to have a car. I’d probably be happy no matter what kind it was. But this car means the world to me. I’m glad I can get to and from work without needing anyone’s help. I’m glad that I can drive anywhere on my own whenever I want. I have freedom and it feels good.

And that’s all. It’s a small list but it’s full of important things. I just need to remember all of this stuff when there seems to be a dark cloud hovering over me all day.

IMG_0015

No comments:

Post a Comment