3.06.2012

“Sun-Date”

Who said dates have to take place at night?
I guess no one really said that, but it’s kind of an unspoken rule.
I mean, there’s a reason for “dinner and a movie” and the line, “I’ll pick you up at 8.”
Brad and I have been doing a lot of entertaining and socializing lately. I absolutely love being surrounded by all my friends as much as possible. There’s also been a lot of penny pinching as well. But it has meant pushing aside our once weekly date nights.
I’ve missed them. But things have been crazy with work/money/life that it was hard to pick that pattern back up.
I still see him, obviously, as much as possible. But there’s just something about getting a little dressed up and hitting the town with your loved one. Enter the “Sun-date.” I decided, instead of a Friday/Saturday night dinner and movie, we would do a brunch date and catch a matinee, thus making it a little lighter on the wallet and trying something a little different.

Unfortunately, it’s hard to find what I classify as a good brunch spot around these parts. We have a fair share of tasty diners, but I was in the mood for a legitimate brunch. Classy salads and inventive breakfasts and Bloody Marys and Mimosas. I did a lot of research on Yelp and narrowed our choice down to the State Street Grill. I must say, I absolutely fell in love with the place.
The food was amazing and the atmosphere was darling. I wanted to try everything on the menu.

statestreet1statestreet4statestreet3

Brad is in love with Bloody Marys, so that was his drink of choice. I settled for a nice cup of coffee. To eat, Brad got Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon, which he absolutely adored. I was overwhelmed with some choices, but the first item on the menu, the Huevos Rancheros, spoke to me. Chili, fried eggs, cheese, tortilla chips…it was a huge meal and I loved every bite that I could handle.

statestreet6statestreet7statestreet9statestreet10

I would highly recommend this place. It was cozy and delicious, with excellent service. I want to go back as soon as possible.
But, I also want to keep on looking for great brunch places around the area.

After brunch, we headed to the movies and saw Wanderlust, which I thought was funny and cute. Paul Rudd can do no wrong in my eyes.

It was nice to have a great date and still have the rest of the evening to relax and enjoy. This won’t be the last “Sun-date” we enjoy, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment