3.16.2012

Dinner Last Night: Pulled Pork

IMG_2239

I’ve been wanting to make some slow cooked pulled pork for a while now. The idea was so intoxicating… I love pulled pork, the way it falls apart, the tangy and sweet flavors. Add in the idea that I throw everything in the crock pot and it’s ready when I come home from work. SOLD.

Next time, I’m probably going to get a bigger roast/shoulder and add some more ingredients. I like it super saucy and tender. This was still delicious, especially with the addition of Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce on top. And, because the bun and the meat are so melt-in-your-mouth, I love the added crunch of broccoli slaw. It’s so easy to make. Just get a bag of the slaw, mix in some cider vinegar, sugar, and oil, and you have a perfectly dressed and crunchy, yummy slaw that compliments the pork!

Instead of a eating our sandwiches with boring ol’ French fries, I bought a bag of mixed fingerling potatoes, cut them in halves and quarters, and roasted them with oil, salt, and pepper. Hello yum! Overall, great meal. Making dinner once a week has been helping me build confidence in my cooking. I’m still very by-the-book, following recipes to the last direction. But I’m expanding my horizons, and it feels good!

IMG_2230IMG_2231

So, it’s finally Friday! I don’t know about you, but Daylight Savings Time made this week tough. I have the whole weekend to myself, which will be nice. Unfortunately, come April, I will be working every other Saturday. It’s going to be tough, but whatever.
I’ll enjoy whatever time I’m given.

Have a great weekend all!

No comments:

Post a Comment