3.14.2012

Canteen 900

canteen10

I’m hoping it becomes routine, trying out new (to us) places around NEPA. In an area where chain restaurants often reign supreme, there are so many sweet little “off-the-beaten-path” places to uncover. First, we enjoyed State Street Grill. Next, we finally (I’ve been wanting to go for months, after a friend recommended it to me) hit up Canteen 900. It was the original plan for our “Sun-Date,” but it turns out Canteen 900 isn’t open on Sundays. So Saturday lunch with my boy? Don’t mind if I do.

canteen1canteen2canteen7

The atmosphere is excellent. One large room with white walls, chandeliers and light fixtures hanging from the ceiling, mismatched tables and chairs, great music in the background, and a lot of natural light. As soon as I stepped into the hallway before the restaurant (it’s in a big factory building that holds lots of different businesses), I was in love. Exposed brick, tiny tables, chalkboard paint, strange art.

canteen8canteen9canteen11

And let’s not forget the food. The menu has a lot of great options. Unfortunately, breakfast is only served until 11:30 am and we missed that. But we didn’t miss out on their special of the day, which happened to be a Big Bad Brunch sandwich (Buttermilk Fried Chicken topped w/ Fried Eggs, Hashbrowns, Smoked Gouda, & Honey Drizzle on Texas Toast) with homemade potato chips. Needless to say, it was amazing.
As for beverages, Brad enjoyed their House Blend coffee and I sipped on a Salted Caramel Latte. So. Good.

canteen6canteen4canteen5

There are quite a few other places we want to check out in the near future, but I already can’t wait to head back to Canteen 900, bring some friends with us, and taste as much as possible! What a seriously great place, and a great way to kick off my Saturday.

canteen3

No comments:

Post a Comment