10.29.2009

Reunited and it feels so good…

I love being introduced to new music, movies, and TV shows and having the opportunity to welcome more into the big family of babies that I already love.

However, it can be just as nice to revisit some of those that you have forgotten overtime. Or maybe not forgotten but overlooked in lieu of the new things entering your life.

Recently, I’m on a huge binge of The Office. I’ve always enjoyed the show, but I never really watched it back-to-back like I’ve been doing now. The show continues to amaze me. Every character has their own personality and it makes for some classic jokes. And I can’t help it…I love that they push the envelope. Thanks to Michael Scott’s ignorance, they touch a lot of iffy areas, but that’s what makes it so darn funny. If you haven’t watched this (which I feel is nearly impossible 6 seasons in), I highly recommend you do. I also recommend It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (be warned though, it’s a whole new level of offensive).

In terms of music, I stumbled into this YouTube video yesterday and was nearly brought to tears.

First of all, this girl has a crazy unique voice. She addresses it at the end of the video in a humorous way. But the best part is the song, originally by the band Say Anything. Freshman year of college, my friends and I were all obsessed with them. They only had one album (I love every song, it is highly recommended by me) at that point. Then they released a double LP which has a bunch of good songs along with a bunch of just okay songs. Regardless, Max Bemis (who writes most, if not all, of the music and lyrics) is a genius when it comes to songwriting. His lyrics usually tell some kind of story and they don’t cease to amaze me. And for someone who is mostly rocking out, I love that I can be touched enough to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment