10.21.2009

Little Things

f2OmQc1cjon4dutylvIhmDPlo1_500 {Photo from PaperTissue}

Seriously, it doesn’t take much to make me happy. It also doesn’t take much to have me crying hysterically (just put on an insanely good, emotional movie or…well, hurt my feelings). But really, aren’t the best times when things just kind of fall into place unexpectedly and everything feels right? They happen to me from small situations. Cotton candy sunsets, a rainbow after the storm, feeling extremely comfortable and cozy in my bed, a phone call from a good friend, an amazing hug.

Today, it’s the fact that I finally get to see this movie (please oh please don’t let me down I’m so excited for you!). Yesterday, it was leaving work and not being cold for the first time in a couple of weeks. It was going for a light jog/brisk walk with two of my favorite people and following it up with a Taco Bell dinner. It was randomly deciding to play Skee Ball at the arcade in the mall and trading our tickets for temporary tattoos and Chinese finger traps.

Yep…it doesn’t take much. Days like that make me so happy to be alive. Even when the bad days feel so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment