7.13.2009

Sunshine Day

We, thankfully, had a gorgeous, sunny, warm day today!

People have been calling this “the summer without a summer”. And I don’t like that one bit. See, my hair may freak out and I may sweat like an animal, but the heat and humidity are what make the summer what it is: shorts, sun kissed skin, and swimming.

Today my sister came home from her 3 week long Florida trip. And I must say, those 3 weeks flew. Because it seems like only yesterday we were eating nachos and I was preparing to have her missing in my life for a while. Now that’s over. We literally had half a day to hang out because she had to be back at school in Philly. So we went to Wal-Mart, ate dinner with the family, and then I joined my dad on the trip back to school.

He encouraged me to bring my Holga, and I was so happy! He even stopped by the lake and the famous art museum so I could take pictures of the city. Unfortunately, towards the end of the night, Holga took her first spill and cracked open. She’s okay, but she does have some permanent booboos. And the back did open, which is how it fell in the first place (I was wearing it around my neck like a nerd) so I’m hoping the pictures are still okay. If anything, they’ll probably just look cooler.

034

Despite everything, Holga got her first compliment tonight! Well, two actually. A girl told me she simply liked my camera. But a man behind the counter at Capogiro told me he liked my Holga. Very exciting!

024 032

023

Those are some awesome motion shots my digital camera took. It may be a hunk of junk compared to all the crazy good ones that are out there these days. But I’m proud of it for capturing some insane pics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment