7.29.2009

I was skeptical…

All of the buzz surrounding 2008’s Best Picture winner Slumdog Millionaire freaked me out. Considering it swept most of the Oscars it was nominated for, the buzz worried me.

See, when a movie is being touted as the best of the best, isn’t it easy to get jaded? You expect amazing things and then you’re ultimately let down. Kind of like when someone tells you a movie is really scary and you go in thining the worst, only to realize your mind is a lot scarier than the film.

Anyway, I’ve seen the film 3 times since it was released on DVD and I admit that it deserved every Oscar it won. Often times, the nominees are boring films, historical or dramatic. Not to say they aren’t good, but they lack something. Heart or creativity. This film has it all. The cinematography is outstanding, the music is wonderful, the acting is perfect, and all in all, it’s a great film. If you haven’t seen it (perhaps because you were as skeptical as I was before), I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment