5.27.2014

Recent Reads, 11/40: We Were Liars

030

Surprisingly, I finished book 11 in about 4 days. I can’t remember the last time I read a book this fast. It doesn’t hurt that it was about 230 pages. I’m still behind schedule, but whatever. I’m finally reading books that I’m enjoying and aren’t cumbersome.

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart is a YA novel that was just released. Brad got it for me as one of my birthday presents (I love getting books as presents! He also got me The Goldfinch but at 700 pages…I’m not sure when I should start that beast.), and it was a fast read, perfect for a quick trip to the beach.

Cadence Sinclair is a 17 year old girl who has been raised in a wealthy family, spending her summers on her grandfather’s private island surrounded by her aunts and cousins, specifically Mirren, Johnny, and Johnny’s friend Gat, who’s father is dating Johnny’s mother. They call themselves the Liars, four kids all close in age spending their idyllic summer days together. The summer she was 15, there was an accident that caused Cadence to lose her memory of the events surrounding it and give her migraines that leave her in bed for days at a time. She misses a whole summer with her Liars. But year 17, she finally convinces her mother to let her go, and is frustrated when no one, not even her best friends, will tell her what happened. She spends her time trying to piece together the events of that summer.

This book was mysterious and dreamy.
I truly think it’s a great read for the beach - it has that summer vibe but it keeps you hooked with the building suspense.

No comments:

Post a Comment