5.08.2013

Saturday

I know it’s Wednesday and I’m only just getting to the weekend now, but I came down with a crazy cold/allergy attack that knocked me out until yesterday. I took a sick day on Monday and, while I often beat myself up and feel guilty about it, I’m so glad I did. I’m not 100% yet, but I think we underestimate the power of bed rest and hydration when we are sick. I hope to be up to full-speed by the weekend…fingers crossed!

Anyway, Saturday (what little there was of it) was crazy. Maria, Lauren, and I headed off to Philadelphia for the Foals concert.
If you don’t listen to Foals, please start to do so. Their music is beautiful and I was astounded at the live show.
Yannis’s voice is just as amazing in person and the whole band puts a lot of passion into the performance.
I was pleasantly surprised. I’m not saying I thought they were going to be bad, by any means. They were just that good.
We also hit up Cantina Dos Segundos, which is one of my sister’s favorite spots in Philadelphia.
I had never been, but I already want to go back. They have a variety of  margarita flavors and the food…yeah.

I may have suffered throughout the day and spent Sunday and Monday in bed, sleeping on and off,
but it was a great Saturday, and I couldn’t have asked for better people to spend it with!

029033025045048

It’s hard to take pics at a concert. I just want to enjoy the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment