(Photo taken at Macky’s on my vacation last year…memories…sigh…)
Summer hasn’t officially (seasonally, calender-wise whatever) started, but I’m pretty sure it’s all anyone can think about. Vacations, the beach, swimming and sun bathing, cookouts, getaways…the options really expand this time of year. I decided to make a list of things I’d like to accomplish/do/achieve/whatever over the next few months, and they range from smart behavior to maximizing fun.
I figured I’d share it on the blog.
1. This one should be a given, but sunscreen is a MUST. I’ve never cared about getting a tan anyways, and I certainly don’t think it’s worth all the risks. Being cautious for myself, Brad, everyone in the sun is something I really want to be smart about. I also need to religiously use Cutter spray. I’ve already had quite a few bug bites, and each one is a doozy. I don’t want that happening anymore!
2. I want to keep a healthy diet, focusing on lots of yummy summer fruits and vegetables. I’m going to pig out on occasion, that’s just my style, but on those hot and sweaty days, usually you just want to munch on a yummy fruit salad.
3. Exercising is something I want to start up again. I’ve missed the gym, but warm weather means getting exercise in other ways too! Swimming, hiking, running around like crazy, maybe even purchasing and riding a bike around town…
4. I want to focus on and enjoy everyday. I am (and always will be) waiting for the weekend, but I still have evenings for happy hours, swimming on super-hot days, dinners on the deck. I want to make the best of what I have instead of constantly wishing my days away.
5. I want to complete at least one roll of Holga film, as well as Diana Mini, Action Sampler, and the Fisheye. I’d also like to use my Fuji Instax cameras a lot more. It’s been so long since I picked up those cameras, but those pictures usually make the best memories. I want to stop relying on my iPhone. It’s spectacularly easy, but I miss my camera babies.
6. I’d like to find and perfect the defining 2012 summer cocktail. I’m leaning towards a Pimm’s Cup, but I’m also down to make a mean sangria.
7. I want a lot of porch and deck days/evenings/nights with my family and friends.
8. I’ve always wanted to have a picnic in the park.
9. It is necessary that I make some trips to see out-of-town friends.
10. I’d love to look into some new towns or cities I haven’t been to and take a random daytrip to explore the area.
And of course, I think it goes without saying, I look forward to lots of great summer music and a ton of reading material.
Here’s hoping summer 2012 is great no matter what!!!