6.08.2012

Dinner Last Night: Fried Rice

023

I’ve slacked off recently and neglected my duties of making dinner for the family. It’s been three weeks, but mostly it was because Maria’s graduation/my 10 days at Brad’s/my lack of finances that made me skip it. I’m always on the look out for tasty recipes and new things to entertain and feed my family, but I stuck with a classic stir-fry. The new twist was making fried rice. It’s super easy to do, but I had to prepare the rice right before I “fried” it, and it wasn’t as sticky as I would’ve liked. I will be trying it again though.

021

I also got extra veggies for this round of stir-fry. And last time I made it with beef. The Korean Teriyaki sauce I bought was sweet and spicy and savory all at once. All in all, it was the perfect meal. And my dad couldn’t stay away! I am a darn good cook when I want to be.

019

This Thursday felt normal, unlike the last couple. Now that my shows (Parks and Rec/30 Rock/Community etc.) are over, there’s nothing to watch on TV. And I got super slacker on my nails, which I hated because doing nail art was something I really enjoyed and that really made me smile for the week until I tried something new. So I put on some headphones, rewatched this past week’s episode of Girls, pulled out 7 different polishes, and went to town on my rendition of this look that I’ll share with you soon enough.

I’m so thankful for the weekend! Brad is super busy, but I finally have a weekend off (I worked the last two Saturdays, boo) and I intend to relax and spend time with my friends and finally see my sister because I miss her so damn much. I’m excited to say TGIF!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment