4.03.2010

The Foreseeable Future

Now that I’m out of college (I’m saying that like it hasn’t almost been a whole year), I feel a little…lost. I have a job (even if it isn’t my dream job) that keeps me occupied 40 hours a week. I have friends to hang out with during my down time. But otherwise, I have no idea where my life is going to take me, and it’s a little freaky. There are all those little milestones (getting my own place, getting married, starting a family…) that I suppose are expected of me. But who knows when or if they’ll even happen?

Anyways, I’ve decided to always have something to look forward to, even if it’s just something small. So far, I’ve bought tickets to three concerts. The first is April 25th, to see Hot Chip. I’m so excited. I’ll be spending the whole weekend in Philly, catching up with some friends, and hitting the town with my sister and her friends.

Broken Bells is June 6th. I couldn’t pass up the opportunity.

Then Kings of Leon for my second time, August 5th, with my BFFFFFFFFFFF Rafter. The show is in Camden, and we only got lawn seats, but I’m excited to tailgate and dance to one of my absolute favorite bands. It also happens to be during my scheduled paid vacation, another thing to look forward to.

Nine days without work in the beginning of August to enjoy the summer and relaxation…

So far, the planning ahead is working. I love having things to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment