11.25.2009

Giving Thanks.

thanksgiving
{PaperTissueWhat else?}

I got my first FULL paycheck today and it reminded me of how thankful I am for the job that I have. It was an insanely busy day, I’m assuming everyone is preparing for Christmas shopping come Black Friday. But I am finally actually making money. In less than a week, I will finally actually have my own insurance. And I didn’t have to do more than email a resume for this. I work hard and carefully everyday so that I can continue to do this and make money and have this schedule.

Since it’s Thanksgiving, I find it appropriate to say how thankful I am for the job and also, my friends, my family, my health, and my experiences. I have always had a tendency to fall into slumps and funks thinking my life should be so much more than it is.

But then I remember how many people have stood by my side and accepted me for who I really am (which I can honestly say isn’t always the easiest person to get along with). I remember that I’ve actually gone out of the country and experienced something on my own unlike many people I know. My family has accepted all my faults and dealt with all of my moods and episodes and done nothing but help me. They’ve supported all of the phases I’ve gone through. They continue to this day. And I still wake up every morning (even when I worry like the hypochondriac I am every night that I might not) and get to experience yet another day.

To everyone important in my life…you know who you all are – I love you so much. Thanks for being you and for letting me be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment